SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenniferne_gw

New Pool Build - Omaha, NE

JenniferNE
11 years ago

I've pretty much picked my PB after 4 bids. Now I just can't decide where I need to push on construction or options. I only have so much room so going with 20X46 rectangle as I really would like Diving (kids want 10yo and 8 yo) and volleyball (mom wants). I'm not going crazy but plan to build with some upgrades, stamped/colored concrete and coping, etc...I sit up on top of a high hill and my back yard is a retaining wall, so it will look a bit like an infinity pool. Thus here is my pool build if any of you have suggestions, things I forgot, things I shouldn't do, or can answer my line item questions for this pool rookie. Thanks!

1) How deep would you do for diving? Right now I'm at 8.5ft.

2) My PB says at 8.5ft then I need 29 for deep end and 17 for shallow. I really want 20ft for volleyball. If I look at the ANSI standards it appears that I only need 23ft for 8 ft deep, 25.5ft for 8.5 deep. Thoughts?

3) Vinyl Liner Pool. I'm still undecided on dark blue or tan. I've been reading on these forums and can't really tell if the dark blue really saves you that much on heat. Contract says 28 mil. I saw some posts that 28mil on wall and 20 mil on bottom. Do they really make those?

4) Wall System - Galvanized Steel, Steps - Steel liner covered / Pacific

5) Filter 30" Sand, Pump 1.5HP, Heater 400,000 BTU, Propane, 2" Schedule 40 PVC Skimmers - 2, 4 Returns, 2 Bottom Drains

6) Pool Lighting 300W Clear - 2

7) Mesh Winter Covers 5X5 stapping

8) SWG - I hear this is the best on these forums for ease of maintenance. We always on the go and will pay for ease. However, not good with soft stone, etc.. If I do concrete coping, am I ok?

Total $46,0000

Options: Any of these you are happy with or not? Glad you upgraded?

Cartridge Filter $500

Variable Speed Pump $800

Heat Pump $3,500

Auto Cleaner Dolphin M4 $1,100

Frog Mineral System $550. I read Don't do this as it adds metals and leaves stains

Delta UV System $1,000. I read these are not worth it for outdoor pools?

Extra pool light 500W Clear $700

LED: $700

Diving Board $1,200

Colored Ladder / Handrail $300

Custom Steps & Bench $3,000. Right now the drawing shows corner steps and the bench extends the length of shallow. Do people find benches useful? Will they get used? I was debating steps in the pool (that take up my shallow end space) vs steps outside of the pool rectangle coming in.

Pentair Easytouch $2,500

Laminar $1,700 each

Pentair Water Jet $500 each

Volleyball Set $600

Baseketball Set $850

Thanks everyone! I'll keep posting pictures and how the build is going.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus