SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
des_arc_ya_ya

What did YOU do today?

des_arc_ya_ya
16 years ago

Twinkie and I worked in the yard almost all day today. He mowed and then used the lawn sweeper on the whole yard. (Don't figure he'll be able to walk tomorrow...LOL)

We have a driveway going through almost the whole length of our property that goes out to our old shed out back. I took our old truck and loaded small limbs into the back of the truck. Roxie went with me! LOL We'd get in the truck, I'd pull up a few feet, lift Roxie out of the truck, pick up limbs and load them in the truck, put Roxie BACK into the truck, drive a little further, pick up limbs, well, you get the idea! LOL

I told Twinkie that I had not only done thousands of "toe touches" today picking up limbs, but had also done a bunch of weight lifting, also! LOL

What about you guys? Do anything "fun" today!? LOL

Comments (39)

• maryanntx
    16 years ago

Uhhh, nothing. *S*

Well, I take that back. I did do some typing for a friend and a load of laundry.

Have you thought about teaching Roxie to jump in the back of the truck like we Texans do with our pets???

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, girl! You're supposed to be concentrating on getting well and whuppin' that cancer's butt - you're not supposed to have to do anything!!!

Uh, MaryAnn, Roxie's a miniature dachshund. She's vertically challenged and we have a full-sized truck! LOL
    You Texas people have Blue Heelers and Labs and horse-sized dogs to go along with your big trucks! LOL

• Related Discussions

What did you do today?

Q

Comments (38)
    Last weekend I was busy thinning trees to help get more sun to my garden space, then built and filled a few raised beds. This weekend I have to get one more bed built and filled, so during the week I vowed to spend 30 minutes per night on the garden. Tonight wasn't very exciting, as I ended up weeding and watering the perennial flower beds, but that is one less thing keeping me from working on the veggie garden this weekend. Tomorrow I need to plant the dozen or so perennials I've plucked off the clearance rack over the past couple of weeks, then Saturday I'll be able to focus on the VEGGIES!
    ...See More

Happy New Year! what did you do today?

Q

Comments (31)
    Happy Anniversary Mary C.,Thats a special way to start any new year. We celebrated our 59th. in Dec. so appreciate how special it is. Happy New Year to all! We started the New Year with the Rose Bowl parade, working on my hand quilting while we watched. One of my Christmas gifts was a REALLY bad cold, so wasn't up to doing very much. I guess I am one of the few that keep my Christmas decorations up until Jan.6th. so wont be taking them down until then. Too, cold an blustery to do much outside. Today I planned out my first BA block, maybe I shouldn't call it that as it isn't the traditional theme but they will be hand appliqued. Trying to expand my applique this year. Jayne
    ...See More

What did you do today?

Q

Comments (5)
    Cleared out area leading to furnace room in the house....in prep for new heating/cooling/humidifier/air purifier systems to be installed later this week. Hit hard this year...new roof a couple of months ago, decided to get my car painted this week and now this.
    ...See More

What Did You Do Today???

Q

Comments (21)
    I made a loaf of bread, did some household chores.....I hate cleaning but it had to be done. Then, I went outside and spent several hours doing hard labor. Digging up old roots and preparing the bed out in front for some flowers. If I can move tomorrow I plan on going to get something to put in and also get some sort of mulch. I still have some stuff to do in the yard.....since we had a nice rain followed by warm, sunshiny days, lots of cosmos seeds and tomato seeds have sprouted, not to mention the crab grass. We were going to have company in December for several days and I was really looking forward to seeing them....they called to tell us they decided to go visit his daughter in Portland, OR. It is Roy's cousin and a really nice guy. We got a call a few minutes ago inviting us to Palm Desert for Thanksgiving. Good friends but she is a lousy cook and I don't like riding in heavy traffic with DH. But we will probably go. They have been friends with DH since they were preteens.....now the guys are almost 78.
    ...See More
  • bestlawn
    16 years ago

Oh no, not you two again!
    :)

• susanjf_gw
    16 years ago

not much...worked on cleaning the counter and the stove top, but that's about it...

• Eliza_ann_ca
    16 years ago

Beautiful day here today,so DH and I did quite a bit of yard work.I finished painting our front yard fence,then scraped all the old paint off the shed to get it ready for painting tomorrow.

• pawsitive_gw
    16 years ago

The wind blew like gangbusters (30mph sustained and 58 gusting) all night last night and all day today. I spent an hour walking the back fenceline and picking up the trash, plastic bags and tumbleweeds that accumulated. Our neighbor had bagged his beer cans yesterday, I watched him do it. Today they were all scattered along about 100' of our property in the front. He SAW me looking at his trash. I know he won't pick them up. Our winds are from the south 98% of the time. He lives on the south side of the street and waits until there is a high wind warning and bags his cans or rakes the weeds and leaves in his yard so they will blow away. Into our yard. He waited for the wind to crank one year and BURNED HIS BOAT!!!! A fiberglass boat at that and had the fire chief come out and give him a ticket for burning on a windy day. If the cans aren't gone tomorrow, I'll collect them, take them to recycle and send him the reciept with my thanks. Our dog went over into his yard ONCE, ONCE mind you, and pooped. He came storming over and told us to be good neighbors and not let our dog on his property. He's a real worm.....

• stephanie_in_ga
    16 years ago

I spoiled a sick man. I turned down a call to sub b/c DH asked me to take him to the doc, he's been sick for a few days and is really miserable. And he doesn't feel well, either. ;o)

I wanted to tell him to call the doc and go by himself. It's 1.2 miles from our front door, and he doesn't even have to walk it. I have to be in labor to get a ride to the doctor. He is worse than a small child about being sick; he becomes helpless and he's whinier about it! But I know he would not have gone, then he would only be worse to be around. So I took him, picked up his prescriptions, served him comfort food and ice cold sprite. I hate caring for sick people, but love the guy so I sucked it up.

I would not have made a good nurse, I have no tolerance for sickness.

• Linda Wayman
    16 years ago

I worked in the yard almost all day. I've moved so much sand from the front yard to the back yard. There was 10 tons of it to start with and I feel like I've move 9.5 tons, but when I look at the pile in the front yard it doesn't look like I've done very much. I spread a lot of mulch in the flower beds in the back yard and have a lot more to spread.
    This morning while it was too cold to go outside I emptied some shelves in the laundry room down and took them down. I spackled the holes made by the shelf brackets. I also made temporary room in the garage for everything that was on the shelves. After I paint the room I'm going to have a cabinet installed. I haven't even bought one yet. I need to get busy and find one. I took Anna to her TaeKwonDo class this evening then stopped to pick up something for supper. I went over her homework with her and in a few minutes I'm going to bed.
    This old gray mare ain't what she used to be.

Linda

• glenda_al
    16 years ago

Boring day!

• linda_in_iowa
    16 years ago

I worked in my yard and also picked up lots of dog poop from my back yard. I mailed Uncle Sam a big fat check. I also played with my deranged kitten, Peggy Sue. She's a nut.

• LorifromUtah
    16 years ago

It was 47 degrees colder today than yesterday.
    And it snowed.
    *sob*

I swept and vacuumed up mud twice throughout the house, except for the backporch.
    It is hopeless out there.
    I have ONE pair of shoes and ONE pair of boots that aren't muddy. And they, with the rest of the familie's muddy footware, is out there. Be careful when you come through my back door. If not, you'll trip over something.

I started recovering chair cushions and it whipped my butt.
    I don't remember having this much trouble fifteen years ago!
    I unpicked one cushion three times before surrendering.

I spent the nine hundred and twenty commercials during General hospital on the exercise bike (7.2 miles) then took a shower.

Then I brought in some firewood, stoked up the stove and read the afternoon away. I'm working on John Grisham's 'Appeal'. It is certainly different from his other books.

I put a roast in the oven early this morning.
    I shredded part of it then stirred it and two cans of diced tomatoes with a large can of chili. I added onions, celery and some baby carrots (for crunch and color) and let it simmer like I'd been cooking all day.

I'm going to bed in a few.

Little dogs can ride in the back of the pickup Des.
    Holly rides in our pickup all the time.
    She's pretty cute, sitting there with those big ole ears and her eyes, sticking up over the bed of the truck. Sometimes she puts those stubby little legs up (Jesse calls them four inches of fury) on the bed so she can see more. You just need to give the little dog a chance.
    LOL

Lori

• alisande
    16 years ago

Got a flat tire. (Thank heavens for AAA!)

Wrote up the meeting I covered last night for the paper.

Picked up my taxes and managed not to gag while writing checks for same.

Went to AC Moore with two coupons and bought good stuff with them. Also took advantage of a sale on my favorite frames.

Got home at 9:15. Fed dogs, fed self, worked on another story for the paper, did assorted cleanups.

Going to bed!

• caroline94535
    16 years ago

We set up the pole and rack system in the front yard for the Purple Martins. The pole is about 14' tall and has two 11 lb. and one 16 lb. lead weights inside. They counter weight the hub, which holds the eight gourds, so I can move them up and down for maintence and nest checks. It's a bear to string up, but easy to use once everyting is just right.

I'll hang the gourds on the arms tomorrow and then wait for the purple beauties to arrive. Hopefully. Since I'm starting a new colony, I'll put out my PM decoys and play a "dawnsong" CD in the mornings. I hope my birds from the base colony "find" me!

I also thought about the paint scheme for the sewing room. The yellow ceiling was not a success. I picked a far-too-pale yellow. Instead of looking sunny and bright it looks as if a chain smoker had been locked in the room for several months.

Back to the drawing board.

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

Not a whole lot. I am suppose to stay off my leg and keep it elevated, but it is driving me crazy. I see all the stuff that needs to be done. I did make meals and load the dishwasher and water the garden. All no no's! I hate just sitting around and am sick of TV!
    Clare

• shea
    16 years ago

You and Twinkie will both be sore tomorrow! Roxie will be fine, though. LOL

I got my hair cut this morning, then went to Target, Joann, and Wild Oats. Came home and cleaned/vacuumed out the car, did a couple loads of laundry, then went to Publix for groceries. Put those away and made a pot of soup for dinner. Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen.

Have I put anyone reading this to sleep yet?? LOL

• cardamom
    16 years ago

I attended the first day of the Texas Library Association conference in Dallas.

• stephmc72
    16 years ago

Went to the doctor.

I came down with something Friday and spend the whole weekend in bed feeling really lousy. I finally decided to go to the doctor because my tonsils had white spots and my ears hurt. Turns out, my ears are fine but she tested me for Strep Throat (which was negative) and Mono (result isnt back yet). I think I just have an icky cold or something, but I start my IVF meds Thursday so I hope I start feeling better because I really dont want to be sick and hormonal all at once.

So other than my doctor appt, I hung out at home and played with Grant, chased him around the yard and tried to clean up some spyware and viruses on my computer.

• joyfulguy
    16 years ago

Started doing my freind's income tax return ... and did some work on my own - they're due Apr. 30.

I'll have a bigger cheque to write, as I'm not paying quarterly.

Working on how to put some investment information as a chart on a large sheet of paper ... plan to send a copy to the originator of the articles that has written them up for the past 12 years.

Helped a sod guy hitch up a lawn roller trailer.

Had a quick look at the work that needs doing in the garden, dismantling the poles and strings that supported the tomatoes. I'm trying to figure ways to keep the strings from getting all tangled.

Need to wash some dishes ... and make another batch of the Amish friendship bread.

ole joyful

• Kathsgrdn
    16 years ago

Yesterday I went to get my hair fixed. Then went to Krogers for groceries. Came home and made dinner, did laundry, dishes and vacuumed.

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    16 years ago

Nothing accomplished today, really. Taxes are in the mail last minute.

I piddled around in the yard, watering and weeding. It was just so darn windy.

The Rancher to our West spent the day on a Big Tractor clearing brush and stirring up dust. We always wave when we see him working out back. He has never waved back. This is a small town and I've known him since he was a kid. I think he is just a jerk.

Gayle

• azzalea
    16 years ago

Guess it's an indication of my day yesterday that I didn't even notice this post.

Up early to shower and organize some stuff. Ran to the bank on the way to the eye dr. It was my appt. to get dilated, so that took most of my morning. Came home, dd called to say she was coming by for lunch. Quickly pulled something from the freezer to make for her, and wrote some sympathy cards for her to give her BF and his family (his grandfather died this past week). Think I grabbed a short nap, while the eyes were still fuzzy. Then DH and I headed out to vote (school board election). Then it was dinner with my sister and aunt. Came home and my next door neighbor wanted me to push her in her wagon--of course I was happy to comply.

Then last night, I was dashing between the LR (hockey game) and sunporch (AI) to see how each of those competitions were going. Hockey game--YES!!! a BIG playoff win. AI--BORING.

• OklaMoni
    16 years ago

I went on a 32 mile bike ride, in strong wind. But it was GREAT fun riding home. :)

Also did two loads of laundry, and "really" cleaned my kitchen.

Moni

• liz
    16 years ago

took a kid to school and picked him up...that was it...PT is killing me...i guess I need to back off a bit...i'm trying to hard to get well...

• marilyn_c
    16 years ago

I did my usual...took care of animals, picked up a new possum, checked on the old man I look after and paid his bills and brought him something to eat...but in the middle of the day, I did something very uncharacteristic for me. I took a two hour nap and stayed in bed an extra hour after that. I was just tired, and tired of fighting the urge to go to bed. My husband is away for several days, taking a class in Alabama, so I am home alone.

• grammahony
    16 years ago

Mom and I went to Omaha, and had our mammograms at 10:30. Then we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch. After lunch we went to Barnes and Nobel to kill some time, until our hair appointment at 2:30. I got 2 CD's by Eva Cassidy. She's got such a great voice. Then we got our hair done, and came home.
    Leslie

• FlamingO in AR
    16 years ago

We ran errands. We went to the stores (the loooong way because of the bridge being closed) and visited my mother for a bit. Bought some fabric. Then headed to town to grab a quick wrap at Subway and then went and got a long overdue haircut(stylist has been out sick) while Woody went and got gas and went to the recycle place, then we went to the sporting goods store, drove across the dam (boy, is our lake FULL!) and then got home in time to do a little sunbathing. Did 2 little loads of laundry, picked some lilacs for a centerpiece. Fixed dinner. Watched a little TV, Deadliest Catch and NCIS, went to bed. Not very exciting, but it all needed doing, except for the TV part.

I bet you went to bed feeling like you really accomplished a lot, YaYa and I bet the yard looks GREAT!

• susan_on
    16 years ago

Moni, how did you get all that done? The 32 mile bike ride would have done me in.
    I worked, and then after work DH put my new treadmill together, and I consoled him when he dropped it on his toe. Then I used it.

• lindaohnowga
    16 years ago

I spent the day putting verses in all the cards I have made. Our daughter called three times, talked with her and with my sis. Did dishes, balanced the checkbook.

• whidbeykathy
    16 years ago

Rushed to make this..I made a BIG mistake that I didn't notice until too late, it's 15"X15" and I am so not happy.. it's unfixable now, and going into the trash can Kathy{{!gwi}}

• susie53_gw
    16 years ago

I went in and mailed my Indiana owed taxes. Yuck!!!! Came back and started cleaning house. Hubby has been gone all week. Comes home today. Went into grocery store and Joann fabrics. Watched a little TV and went to bed..

Need to finish house today. Wash and hang out sheets on the line today..

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the responses to my post. Man! I must not have a life of my own - I sure enjoyed just reading about what everybody else did yesterday! LOL

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

I'm sitting in my office working and sneaking a look at the KT....like I do 8 hours a day; 5 days a week......45 weeks a year.....[sigh]

• roseluver
    16 years ago

I sat on my scooter pulled weeds, cut tree seedlings that seem to pop up everywhere, then raked up what I had cut. Took my stool into the flowerbeds and weeded. Had a great day. I really enjoyed being outside and working in my gardens again. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow but it was worth it.
    Oh yeah, went down the highway to Popeyes and ate another of their shrimp poboys for lunch. I watered newly planted flowers, ferns, etc. then about 5:00 called it a day.

• jannie
    16 years ago

My daughter Vicki, 18, graduated from cosmetology school. Yay! Made turkey soup from a leg left over (frozen) since Thanksgiving. Did a little gardening, spring is here, I've been fighting the weeds all week. It was 67 today, very pleasant!

• nan_nc
    16 years ago

4/15 went to work at my part-time job..got a full day in. YAAYY for more hours on the paycheck! Stopped at the groc store, stopped at the PO, went to town to cash the check from said PT job, came home and fixed supper from leftovers, did a load of laundry, folded same, spent time lurking on the 'puter, let cats in and out, went to bed. Exciting, huh!

• wildchild
    16 years ago

4/15/08

Drove to the nearest K-mart an hour away to buy my DS his birthday gift. He's getting a nice charcoal grill and a bunch of accessories. He has a very small place with a very large deck so it will be used a lot I think. He loves to cook.

Then I stopped at a Target and a Walmart. Got hungry and IHOP was the only place open nearby.

I had their green eggs and ham special. I subbed corncakes for the stack of pancakes. For once everything was cooked to perfection. The ham was well browned and the hashbrowns were crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.

Check out the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Eggs and Ham

• OklaMoni
    16 years ago

whidbeykathy... that iddy biddy mistake!!!! AWWWWW, Please don't toss it. I will come and get it one day.

Really, I hope to, on my west coast trip.

Moni

• teresava
    16 years ago

Well, we were supposed to go to Mom and Me at church, but DD woke up really late and kinda cranky, so I figured it wasn't even worth it to try and rush her around.

I had a doc appt at 1 so I treated DD to lunch at McDonalds, I was good and got Subway next door. Then we went to the playground and met our friends. She ran around for close to 3 hours, and I got to sit on the benches (YEA!!). We rushed home and I popped a dinner in the oven before DH got home, so it was a pretty good day!

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Teresa, except for the dr.'s appointment - it sounds like a wonderful day! Enjoy every day at the park that you can. (Trust me - mine are 39 and 35!! LOL)