SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojobar

Vinyl Liner Over Concrete or Steel ?? (in NJ)

mojobar
12 years ago

In the process of shopping (have some quotes) for inground pool (approx. 20x40 free form shape). We are favoring the concrete over the steel for the following reasons:

1. it is stronger construction than the steel.

2. I can lose that white resin step and loveseat look that we don't particularly love and instead have a vinyl lined covered "gunite looking" step/loveseat.

3. we can design own shape with the concrete pool.

Also, is it true that on a concrete pool you lose that angled wall that many steel walled pools have? I would like that too.

I read on another thread that for steel, the entry steps are outstide the pool but on cement, they are inside the pool, thereby, taking up swiming space. Is this true?

I have two other topics that I would like to address here as well.

First one:

Vanquish In-floor Cleaning system vs the Polaris cleaner.

The Vanquish In-Floor system is a very pricey upgrade and frankly just sounds too good to be true. Although lifetime warranty, cannot imagine what can happen when one of the heads breaks (especially being that this is a vinyl liner pool). The thought of manually cleaning the pool all the time after paying for that upgrade would be terrible.

Second One:

Aqua Black Heat Pump vs. Jandy Gas Heater

Aqua Black Heat Pump is a pricier item, but Salesman tried to convince us that the Gas Heater would cost us much more money in the long run.

I so appreciate any help that I can get!!

Thanks!

Comments (6)