SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snookums_gw

SCE customers (and other So Cal-ers)

snookums
17 years ago

Wanna share electric bills this month?

$895 for us. The highest it has EVER been. And on the front page of Friday's Register was an article stating that rates go up again on August 1st. They will affect those with the highest usage. Basically, indirectly or not, it is punishing those of us who are middle class and live inland.

The woman quoted in the article said the same thing. The ones who live closer to the coast don't need AC like we do. (I'm inland in Rancho Santa Margarita, the woman lives in Foothill Ranch) The lower-income customers are on the lower-income rates. So basically, those of us who are middle class, live inland, and need to run our AC in order to just FUNCTION are the ones being penalized.

It was 110 at 4pm at my house today. And I'm not even that far inland! My good friend lives in Moreno Valley - even hotter than here - and we have family in La Quinta. An oven basically. At my parent's house in Huntington Beach today it was a full 20 degrees cooler than here.

We keep the AC at 80 (and we are miserable), cut an hour off the pool pump running time (running 5 hours instead of 6), and have sensors, timers, and flourescent bulbs on the lighting all over the house.

What else can we do besides sell our souls to SCE? If rates go up even more on August 1, I'm so afraid of our September bill if we are already at NINE HUNDRED dollars as it is.

>:(

Comments (32)