SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Spring Switcheroo

Sueb20
10 years ago

Remember we talked about "scope creep" a few weeks ago? Well, about two weeks ago we had a new carpet runner installed on our front steps. Recently, in a really unrelated conversation, DH and I decided that he needed a spot to store all the camera stuff he has accumulated over the last few years. It was scattered all around -- on a shelf, in a coat closet, and in a wicker trunk. We had an old church pew in the foyer, which I love(d), but it really was form over function. No one sat on it. It just looked cute.

So we went to an antique store yesterday and found a storage piece that we both liked a lot, which fits perfectly in the space. Today, we (he) moved the church pew into my office, replacing a ratty loveseat that no one sat on either (because our shedding dog had taken it over). I am using it for books! And we picked up the bureau and installed it in the foyer, and it's now full of cameras and lenses. Now I just need to figure out how I want to "decorate" the top of it. I thought that wooden bowl-ish thing would work nicely but I don't know what to put in it. The thing hanging on the wall above it is also a DH creation -- a bulletin board with photos, and it is NOT going anywhere. There is no outlet, so can't have a lamp. I need to shop my house and see what I have...

Anyway, some pics follow.

Here is the new piece.

Darn. Ever since I got a new computer, my pics are coming up sideways.

Comments (21)