SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwrede

Please review pool specs!

mwrede
14 years ago

I was hoping to get your comments on the pool specs/equipment we are thinking about:

~587 sq foot inground gunite pool (I will try to post the design in the morning but its like a roman that zig zags once around the existing patio with the spa on the other end)

40Â long (7' for the half circle tanning shelf)

16Â wide for the most part (20 wide over a small section)

Depth 3Â 3" to 8"

Swimouts in the deep end located on either side of attached spa

On the sunshelf we were planning to have 6" of water & an umbrella sleeve. Do you think we should we go to 8"? Reason for 6" was my husband thinks weÂll want to lay it without a chair/float  we also have a little dog that wonÂt go in if the water is above his knees. Plus I want it to be a good depth for babies to sit in  when we have them  soon hopefully :)

Attached 8Â round spa raised 18" with spillover - 6 jets and 4 drains (I think the PB follows commercial guidelines)

Mostly Pentair equipment:

Pump: Intelliflow variable speed VF (not sure if it alone can handle pool/spa w/spillover & another water feature)

Filter: Cartridge Clear & Clear Plus 520 (shared by pool and spa)

Polaris 280 w/ booster pump (do I need to ask for a timer for this?)

Salt Chlorinator: Intellichlor 40k (builder normally does aqua-rite but I asked for it). Should we also do a Rainbow inline chlorinator just in case something ever happens with the salt system? Not sure if thatÂs something I have to request.

Heater 400k btu sta-rite (Builder likes better than Mastertemp) - shared between pool and spa

2 led pool lights (Pentair) Â I am waiting to hear if itÂs the intellibrite or not

Plaster: Sunstone Pearl Black Pearl/Crystalstones Midnight Blue/Crystalstones Smooth Bay Harbour  still trying to decide. I am looking for a deep blue/gray water color although not blackish. Anyone have pictures?

For the pool:

2 Commercial skimmers (U-3)

2 Main drains (12" x 12") VGB Compliance

6 Returns - Wall adjustable (eyeball)

1 Hydrostatic Relief Valve with 8" frame grate

Add ons:

Time clock with freeze control $250

Levelor Auto Fill $400

Pop up fountain in the spa or tanning shelf $850 or 4 mini deck jets $800  probably have to pick one. (Builder does not like bubblers on tanning shelves  he says they stick out and you canÂt use lounge chairs)

Intellichlor 40K buddled with 4 circuit easy touch control panel $ 2,500 (not sure if he subtracted the cost of the Intellichlor thatÂs already included in his price)

One indoor four (4) circuit control panel $ 450

One four (4) circuit wireless remote $800

I think we can afford everything except the Easytouch. There seems to be a much bigger markup on automation than anything else. I only asked about it because I saw it online bundled with the Intellichlor for like $1400-1500.

If we bought it ourselves online how much do you think it would cost to get it installed? Can we add it after the pool is done? Do you recommend the wall control panel or the wireless remote or both?

Also I heard that the Easy touch is really like a panel with 4 circuits but we are already adding an electrical subpanel to handle the pool and other things weÂll be doing inside the house.

Please let me know your thoughts!

I am supposed to meet with the PB in the next day or so to iron out everything.

Thanks is advance!

Comments (2)