SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sssmason

2nd Meeting with PB Monday any suggestions?

sssmason
15 years ago

Hi there! We had an original bid for our pool and since then we have decided to change a couple of things. I am nervous about what the PB is going to say about it, and I wanted to have some information before proceeding along.

Basically we live in a small rural area with only one PB that we know for sure will service our area. Here are our spec's so far - I have questioned several parts of the equipment but he had a reasons for all of them, I would love any help you might be able to give me with equipment and pricing. Thank you!

Original Bid

90' Perimeter freeform gunite pool w/dark gray plaster

Sport 3 1/2 - 5 - 4

Chlorinator

4 Returns

2 Skimmers

3 foot sundecking around pool

30" Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter w/zeobrite

1.5 hp Hayward Northstar Pump

12x8 baja shelf

2 benches

PCC 2000 infloor cleaning system for benches and shelf

Polaris 280 w/Booster

6 ton waterfall w/pump and plumbing

4 Fiberstar LED lights

1 Fiberstar Control (yes we are on a budget. =)

Max Debri removal system

Auto Leveler

2 Bubblers on shelf

Total 39,550

Ok - I think that was it - THEN after considering it further we decided to go with a Spa instead of the Waterfall:

Price changed to 44,550

The spa would consist of a

12" raised spa with spillover

5 jets

floor blowers

400,000 BTU electric heater - we have no natural gas source

1 Fiberstar LED light

My questions are -

We really want to add some type of water feature to this setup and I don't know if a spa needs it's own pump. If it did, I am sure a couple of deck jets and/or sheer arc descents could happen. I am afraid he will tell me that I can't get the water features unless we get another pump and then say it would be outrageous to do so. He doesn't seem to pumped about it. Also, I am afraid I won't get to have my bubblers without the waterfall, either. Do any of you have any suggestions for possible water features to add to this setup that are economical? Another problem is we can't have too much on our remote set up and I don't want to jump up from $1000 - $3250 for the Aqualink if at all possible.

Any suggestions are appreciated, we are trying to keep our budget down if at all possible. We still will be spending another $10,000 for decking and fencing. Thank you for taking the time to read this, again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)