SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glowblue

Bad concrete install

glowblue
15 years ago

I have been viewing the forum for some time while having a pool installed and was so far pleased with the work and I never felt compelled to post a message until now...The PB poured my concrete deck in 2 sections: they did 1 large section on 2 days ago and finished the 2nd section yesterday.

Last night after the final section was poured, we noticed a hairline crack in the first section poured.

The next morning, I get a call from home that the entire 2nd section is cracking. So the PB came out, and began ripping out the 2nd section today, but I have more cracks (fairly small) in the 1st section and we're not happy. PB says it was bad concrete, concrete company says it was too hot and dry (around 90 deg).

My concern is that will we see more problems with the 1st section and the damage that is being caused by ripping out the 2nd section. Anyone have any problems like this?

I know conceret is supposed to crack, but not 1-2 days after pouring.

What do I need to be aware of from ripping out and re-installing concrete? I feel that they are working too fast and won't prepare the area to be re-poured correctly

Any advice is appreciated!

Comments (10)