SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moneypitzela

Waaa! Color help! I picked Paint but should have picked Stain!

moneypitzela
14 years ago

It's meee again! After tortured contemplation, I finally narrowed exterior paint color choices, but... I just found out that I should have chosen a solid stain!! My BM color choices do not convert to anything close to either BM or Cabot's solid stain color options ( a better stain according to my painter). Stain colors are disappointing and limited. Original BM choices were either Greenmount silk HC-3, simply irresistible 205, or Lighthouse landing 1044. (Door color will be something fun and cottage-ee, and trim to be a clean white.)

House is almost ready for paint (thank god for rain delays) and I'd appreciate any input from those familiar with stain colors (solid). Note that solids are COMPLETELY different than their semi & transparent counterparts, and online seem even further off from color swatches. Wish I knew how to post a link to Cabot Stain, or to Moonshadow's wonderful mock-ups of color options that she did in a previous post. Thanks in advance for your help. I know some of you are probably sick of looking at this picture.

{{gwi:23937}}

Comments (2)