SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maidencane

Choosing curtains to bring color to FR (lots of pics)

maidencane
16 years ago

We are moving to a new house and I need to choose curtains for the family room. Everything is neutral in the house, so I'm thinking of adding reddish colored curtains, but I'm having trouble choosing.

We have leather furniture. Here is a picture of the furniture, a basket and a lamp that will all go into the room. I have two love seats like this and a chair. We also have some map pictures, but they are packed up already so I can't add a pic of them.

The house is painted "mushroom cap". I'm not sure what brand the paint is, but it's kind of a tan/taupe color, like latte or something. The carpet is neutral. The room adjoins the kitchen and eating area. I've bought these roman shades for the back doors. Those doors are right next to the family room.

I'm considering these curtains, but I'm afraid they might be too formal. I wouldn't use the sheers, just the curtains hanging from clip rings on a nickel rod.

Or maybe these curtains. What do you think? I would just use the red color panels, not the stripe probably.

I'm open to any and all ideas, including using different colored curtains. All my furnishings and pics are pretty neutral.

Comments (7)