SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stargirl_gw

Looking for a Very Old Decorating Book

stargirl
13 years ago

About 20 years ago, I checked out a decorating book from the library and enjoyed it immensely. I have been looking for the book ever since but strangely enough, I cannot remember the name of the book or the author. However, I do believe it was written by a decorator of another time, like Dorothy Draper or someone like her. I'm sure Magnaverde would know who I'm talking about. The book is about two sisters who have just returned from a trip to the Bahamas. They lived in a dull, boring home and one sister was inspired by all the color in the Bahamas and started immediately to change her modest home to a bright, spectacular space. I remember that she painted the house pink and the front door periwinkle blue. All the neighbors were astounded. She painted the old bedroom furniture apple green and used bright floral bedding. She had a balcony and used a red and white canopy above it and topiaries flanked the sliding glass doors. She painted the patio furniture black and used red cushions, totally transforming the boring space. It was the neatest little book, and although trends have changed since then, it gives inspiration to persons who are afraid of color, but yet want to change their lives -- no matter what age. Does anybody out there know the book I'm talking about? I know it is odd that I can tell you what the book is about, but can't remember the author's name or the name of the book. As I said, it was not a modern-day decorator who wrote the book, but it was someone famous, maybe 20 or 30 years ago. I hope you can help me find this book.

Comments (33)