SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boymom23

Does anyone have automatic cover on freeform pool?

boymom23
15 years ago

Hi - We just ordered the automatic cover from our pb. (They started digging today! Tomorrow is rock removal day -- wish us luck!) Although I've seen photos of freeform shaped pools with auto. covers, I just wondered if any one here has experience with this. The company that manufactures the auto. cover is called SwimWise. Our pb has mentioned to us that the cover itself may get worn more quickly since it has to drag over the concrete when opening and closing. When I called Coverstar (apparently somehow related to SwimWise)to inquire about this they said they call this "deck drag" and recommend building a freeform pool within a rectangle pool shape-- thus, calling it a "pool in a pool" to avoid the deck drag. Ugh! I've seen the photos of this and know what they are referring to, but that is not how we are doing ours. Now I wonder if it is going to be problematic having the cover drag over so much concrete frequently. The cover is super $$$, and I'd like it to last. Why can't anything be simple in pool building?? Just wondered if any of you guys had any words of wisdom on this subject! Thanks :)

Comments (4)