SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindywhitall

end panels, furniture ends?? help!

cindywhitall
11 years ago

I'm pricing out Maple cabinets and the cabinet store came in higher than I expected for Waypoint, which is basically American Woodmark/Shenandoah that HD/Lowes sell.

Spent a while at Lowes and got some decent prices, too bad a 10% back on gift card expires very soon....

Anyway, for maple cabs they hit me for about $80 each for "furniture ends" whereas the "end panels" (door like panels for the ends of cab) are maybe $110 or so, size dependent I assume. I will do it for the island, but I have 8 other exposed ends also.

I saw the Shenandoah book suggests furniture ends if you are going to add end panels. That's a lot of $ to do.

Question is: Can I install the end panels on the normal cabinet ends? Will they fit behind the little bump from the face panel? Will it look stupid? I'm not paying upcharge for furniture ends and then adding a panel on top for more $.

Cabinet guy wants about $2300 to remove and install (20 cabs or so) which is probably better than Lowes will charge, but I think I've talked hubby into it. We will have to find someone to remove and reinstall our granite...not tackling that ourselves.

I've read (http://www.city-data.com/forum/home-interior-design-decorating/579619-kitchen-cabinet-question.html) there are places that sell Kraftmaid for 50% off list and that HD and Lowes sell at list, minus their little deals from time to time. Anybody know for sure? I am in South Jersey.

Comments (16)