SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geokid_gw

Accent color for red dishes...help me spruce up my mom's kitchen!

geokid
12 years ago

I'm helping my mom do a mini (teeny tiny) makeover of her kitchen. Mainly just reorganizing and doing a basic spruce up. They plan on selling in a couple years when my dad retires so they are not going to do a major reno.

My mom has a gorgeous set of red glass dishware that she only brings out at Christmas. The rest of the year it's stored in boxes in a lower cabinet. She'd like to take them out of the boxes and display them in glass doored upper cabinets that are already in the kitchen. They are a deep red just like in this picture

{{!gwi}}

The kitchen has medium oak cabinets -not honey oak or orange-y oak at all- and white walls. There is not a lot of white showing because the kitchen is mainly cabinets and windows.

My question: what color should we paint the backs of the glass cabinets to help showcase the red dishes and bring in another color into the room? The house was built in 1900 and it's a foursquare but it's not particularly craftsman-y. The walls in the adjoining DR and LR are tan with red and blue accents and the guest bath is Hawthorne Yellow.

Thank you!

Comments (8)