SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluestarrgallery

Simulated Tile - Painted Concrete Floor in Screen Room

bluestarrgallery
17 years ago

Hello,

I have a very long screened patio room on the back of my house and the concrete is old and tired looking. I saw a painted concrete floor at a local restaurant - painted to simulate a tile floor. I thought the floor looked great.

The woman at the restaurant said she started by painting the concrete with a latex primer - she said she picked a primer color so it would be the color she wanted for grout lines. Then she taped off the grout lines in a grid fashion - she said she used car striping tape - that it was easier to keep straight. I think I will use painters tape. Then she bought 5 different latex colors and poured them in five different trays. She took a sponge for each color and dabbed the color on for each tile - she said she kept dabbing till she got the color she wanted. Each tile came out with a little different color. When she was all done she pulled up the tape and then she sealed the floor with a sealer. The painted floor has been there for two years with high traffic since it is in a restaurant and I think it still looks great.

My question is - has anyone tried this technique? If so any pointers?

As soon as I finish painting the walls and ceilings of the screen room, I am going to try this simulated tile technique out on my screened patio - hope it turns out as good as hers looks.

Comment (1)