SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessi_saunders

Concrete floor - Seal or put tile?

Jessi Saunders
6 years ago

We have concrete floor in our house, we don't have a lot of budget so we were just planning on leaving it with the concrete look, like those contemporary houses. I've been looking on what to add to make it shiny. I was thinking on the MasonrySaver Decorative Concrete Sealer which will end up being like $200/300 for the living room/kitchen area. Now, I'm thinking about that one because I don't have a lot of money to put something thicker and more durable. But if i'm gonna have to redo it every two or three years, should I just put tile in? With the tile I won't have to invest in it every few years. And there are some affordable options. What do you think?

I was looking around and some other sealers with more protection and more durable cost around 70/80 dlls per 50 sq ft. I am only basing this in online search, there are so many options for concrete sealers that I don't know what'll give me the look I want. (I'll add some examples of what we want, in case you know of a good sealer that'll give us that look)

I'll appreciate your opinions. Thank you so much

Comments (7)