SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeagain_gw

Help me pick drape fabric (pics)

homeagain
13 years ago

I'm sorry to start another thread after just posting about my black dining room but I went to a brand new fabric store today in our area and found some silk fabrics that I like. I know the look I'm going for but am afraid that I'm making a huge mistake and it will not all come together in the end.

My original intention when I painted the dining room was to make ivory silk drapes. Before investing in fabric I went to Target and picked up an ivory "faux" silk drape to see how it would look in the room. While there I found a blue/gray drape that I love with the black walls but they don't really work with the sage chairs and brown/sage/cream rug. I'd be willing to replace the rug but can't do anything to change the chairs. And for the cost of new drapes AND a new rug, I could make my own silk drapes or order these online. These look to be the same shade as my chairs but I'm afraid they would make the room drab.

My room...

These blue/gray drapes look amazing IRL against the walls.

The fabric samples...you can see an ivory faux silk at the windows. I would do 108" drapes.

A close-up of my favorite. The greenish stripe echoes the color of the chair upholstery and it has a small ivory stipe and a lighter blue than the original drapes that I considered.

I don't like the gold/green with the little swirl very much at all. The apple green is beautiful but I'm afraid it might be too bright. The ivory's are okay and the diamond print one is on sale for $10 a yard!! There's no blue in my rug but there is that green and the ivory so this multi stripe could work. I like it against the walls.

Thoughts? Votes? Other suggestions!

Comments (23)