SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dtchgrl

Pls help me start upgrade/remodel (pics)

dtchgrl
15 years ago

Hi All,

I am meeting the KD at the showroom on Monday and would like to have some thoughts together to stay more focused in looking at all the choices.

We are removing one wall from our 10yr old kitchen along with an overall update/upgrade. The perimeter cabinets must stay, but the removal of the wall will mean we can have a much larger island so I can remove the large table currently blocking my triple sliding door and narrowing out a main walkway from the kitchen to the rest of the house.

I haven't done much looking yet, but I know Ubatuba looks nice with my maple cabinets. Not sure if I should do a different stone on what will be a very large island. More importantly for tomorrow, what cabinet profile/finish for the island would best compliment/contrast the cabinets I already have? I am going for a fresh, clean, timeless look and with the Ubatuba probably going in, I was thinking the island cabinets should be creamy white, but others have mentioned black or a very dark wood.

Any and all thoughts you have would be appreciated, but especially looking for island cabinet thoughts. I know we are going the following:

Removing wall to widen 5 feet and new bigger island

New countertops

New chairs/stools for island

New stainless refrig

Beverage frig

New triple sliding or french doors

Change/soften paint color for less contrast w/green fam room

I can't have this kitchen b/c not changing perimeter cabinets, but linked below is my inspiration look.

CURRENT KITCHEN in need of upgrade/update

This is the powder room and the line of cabinets behind it that will be moved about 5 feet back with elimination of too small laundry room.

See inspiration link for overall "look" I am going for.

Here is a link that might be useful: inspiration look

Comments (3)