SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ipgregory

Will our design work?

ipgregory
15 years ago

Hi,

This is my first post although I have been lurking and hopefully learning for a while.

We are mid-way through our pool design and I wanted to post it here to the board in the hope that somebody would look at it and let us know of any glaring errors? Feel free to critique or comment as you see fit. We have never built a pool before.

{{gwi:2038962}}

{{gwi:2038963}}

{{gwi:2038964}}

{{gwi:2038965}}

{{gwi:2038966}}

Things I know to be wrong still:

1. I only just added the Raised Beam at the back and also moved the whole pool about a foot to the left. The plumbing and Equipment drawing is not yet updated for this. We intend to add some form of water feature/s on the raised sections (scupper, pots, jets or something), but the plumbing isn't shown for it yet.

2. The permit file may look slightly wrong. I normally output it to a PDF and when I do it shifts part of the image slightly right and down. I allow for it in the base drawing. JPEG doesn't do it so the picture looks slightly wrong on here.

3. Haven't worked out the new Raised Beam length yet. Don't know of a way to calculate a curved perimiter in Visio so I have to output to scale then measure it.

If anybody cares to take a stab at what they think it will cost to build? We are in Arizona just south of Phoenix and plan to start the build this fall. Rightnow I estimate about $20-$25k. How much am I dreaming? :)

Thanks in advance for any comments and help.

Ian

Comments (13)