SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkboken

Custom closets: what do you love in yours or what would you change?

NYCish
4 years ago

I'm meeting with the California Closet rep monday to make some additions to our closets. Our designer works with a local rep and we have an allowance for rods/racks/shelving and anything beyond that, we pay for. I'm ok with spending some money but I'd like to hear from the group if there is anything you put in your closet that you love/can't live without, things you wish you hadn't spent money on (drawers? shoe shelves?, etc). All of the closets have recessed lighting

For reference, i'm working with a 7x7 walk in which will be mine, two 5' wide reach ins which will be my husbands. The 2 kids each have a 5x8ish WIC as well.

I'm particularly interested in adding drawers in the closets, open shelving and shoe shelving. And wondering if there is anything else I should consider. Are drawers in these types of systems useful or not? Accessory drawers? My goal in the master is to not have a lot of furniture in there and let the closets do the work. The kids are very young but I'd like the closets to grow with them.

I've only ever had a basic rod closet. I know the closet designer will show me lots and help guide me (and also try to get me to spend $$$$), but I'd like some suggestions from the crowd/experience etc before I go.

Comments (18)