SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

signed up for my first quilting class!

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

Hi everyone. I just signed up for my first quilting class, and I'm excited so I wanted to share with you all here. I took your advice and called around to the different shops (didn't get many responses e-mailing them). My situation is unique in that Tuesday is the only day I can go due to my work schedule. People kept telling me that their classes were only on Saturday or that they would e-mail me a schedule or to check their web site. So, imagine my surprise when I called Cornerstone Quilt Shop and the lady said their classes are Tuesday evenings. After I picked my phone up off the floor (I was shocked), I said sign me up! She said the only thing I need to bring is my machine. They have the cutters and tables and mats there. It will be 30 dollars, plus pattern and material. I don't know if the 30 dollars is each week, or just once, but I don't care. I'm just glad to have found a class I can attend. She said it's a 3 week class meaning it meets for 3 consecutive Tuesdays. I asked how many people attend the class, and she said it's usually just one or two so she is able to give a lot of individual attention.

I will report back here with my experience (class doesn't start until Feb) and maybe a picture if I actually end up producing something!

Thank you all for your encouragement here.

Comments (10)