SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim_in_lv

Pool Design Here - Any Comments?

kim_in_lv
16 years ago

Hello All,

Fortunately for us, Airborne101 set us up with a pool designer and consultant and now we are set on the path of OB pool construction.

We OB our house 4 years ago so we are hoping this will be easy in comparison. (BTW - I was on That Home Site in the home building section constantly during that project!)

We just got our 1st draft of the pool plans and I wanted to get any suggestions/comments.

A couple questions concerns I have:

1. Do you think the pool will be too narrow? Right now it is anywhere from 11' to 18' feet. Unfortunately we are limited in the space available, however we could probably eek out more pool by straightening some of the lines or reducing cool deck.

2. Too much wetdeck? I really like wetdeck - I'll probably spend most of my time there, just wondering if it looks like too much? Less wetdeck = more pool.

3. Pool depth OK? Pool designer suggest a 4' shallow end. While I am not tall (around 5'4") DH is 6'5" and kids are tending to get tall fast. Does 4' sound OK? We are planning a 24" bond beam in the corner (which I am sure the kids will jump from) - does 7' sound deep enough?

Thanks for any input/suggestions.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (15)