SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leia_in_lalaland

Hi, I'm new here :) - (and have a couple of questions)

leia_in_lalaland
16 years ago

I've been reading this board on and off since February and thought that by now our pool remodeling project would be finished.

We haven't even broken ground yet and it's late June.

We live in Southern California where pool remodeling projects can cost as much as a 3 bedroom house in the area where I used to live.

Anyway, my initial thought was to use pavers (because of shaky ground) on the driveway and around the pool area. Five or six people (including two landscape architects) have suggested concrete instead but I know the first time it cracks I'll be miserable.

I've noticed some of the member pool designs here include pavers. Those of you who have used pavers - are you happy with your choice? Do you have a constant problem with sand? (that's one of the negatives I've heard). Were you able to go with a paver-type coping or did you have to use a different kind of coping?

I just pulled out the initial bid from the paver company (from last summer) and the price to do the driveway AND the pool deck is more reasonable than I recalled. The price to do our pool deck alone (in colored concrete) is $15,000. The pool deck is roughly 1/3 of the entire area. The price to do the entire area (pool and driveway) in pavers is $29,000.

Also, if there's anyone here in the Los Angeles area (818 area code) who might be able to recommend a fence contractor. We thought our fence was fine until we found out it doesn't meet the Caliornia 60" code.

Thanking any of you in advance for your input. I'm going kind of nuts here.

Comments (5)