SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alaskadiver_gw

House shopping....what to look for for future pool?

alaskadiver
15 years ago

Hi guys:

My wife and I just sold our house in the country and are shopping for a house closer in to where we work in the Woodway Texas area (Waco suburbs). We've look at a few places that have pools but most of the houses we're looking at do not have pools.

We have already decided that we'll be putting in a pool wherever we move. We have 3 young girls and I teach High School so will mostly be home with the kids for the next 16 hot Texas summers until the youngest leaves home. I can't see doing that without a pool.

Not having ever built a pool before, I don't have the slightest idea what to look for in a yard when thinking about future pool construction. So I'd welcome some advice on what types of lots are most preferred for pool construction. Everything we're looking at is large enough for pools. The lots are much larger than most of the pics I see on these forums. I'm just curious if there are issues I should be thinking about that I'm currently unaware of. Flat? Sloping? Trees? No trees? Soil? Anything?

Comments (11)