SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Men created names for plumbing construction hardware, right?

juddgirl2
12 years ago

A bit off topic, but it is related to remodeling our bathroom. We've been without running water for 6 days! You know the story, "When You Give a Mouse a Cookie" - one thing leads to another? That's how most of our remodeling projects go.

DH opens walls for new drywall and plumbing and finds several beams with old termite damage (can put a finger through the wood), so he has to reframe almost every wall. Then, while the walls are open, he might as well install the tankless water heater and water softener we've always wanted since the bathroom adjoins the water heater closet. While doing that, some of the shingles are accidentally cut so it becomes a roof project, and on and on.

Anyway, in the hopes of not having to use pool water to fill the toilet tanks and take a take a shower at the neighbor's for one more day, I make an emergency run to Home Depot to pick up some plumbing pieces DH needs to work through the night.

I have no idea what most of these things are or where to find them so employees were helping me look for them. Seems silly, but it was a bit embarrassing and funny reading them my list out loud - 3/4" nipples (can I say that here?), 4' pipes, nuts, screws, male and female couplings, and on and on.

Almost every item on my list except salt could be used to refer to a male and/or female body part, actual or slang, and/or an, um, intimate activity :-) I don't normally have a juvenile sense of humor and I'm not a prude but am I the only one to find this both odd and humorous?

Please tell me I'm not the only one! Am I going to be banned from GW for posting about plumbing pieces? :-)

Comments (28)