SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellemh_gw

Searching for the perfect sink

daniellemh
10 years ago

I've just joined, but have been reading for a while and am so impressed with the knowledge and helpfulness of this community! We are planning to renovate our kitchen and have sorted out a lot of the details and everything was going great until I discovered that the sink I love has been discontinued. I loved the Elkay Harmony quartech undermount sink in black, model #ELQTULB342210BK, which had a low "work bench" divide and a 70/30 split. I've contacted several retailers and gotten the same answer--that it's been discontinued by Elkay and they can't get it.

Now I'm trying to find something else that will work in its place. The kitchen will be modern/contemporary, with Aquario granite, Shaker style cabinets in maple with an espresso finish, and I've ordered the Blanco Meridian faucet in the satin nickel finish.

The closest I've gotten is the Blanco Performa 1.75 medium bowl in anthracite (and I've seen that Blanco's silgranit sinks have lots of GW fans), but I don't quite love the look as much. I think it has to do with where the curves are. I know it comes down to personal taste, I'm just hoping to find the "one." :)

If anyone has any suggestions of a 70/30 double bowl, undermount composite sink that looks cool and has the lower divide feature, or that just looks awesome and will accommodate larger pans and cookie sheets, I would love to hear them!

I tried to upload a picture of the Elkay sink that I really liked. Hope it worked. It was just the sink shape & configuration I wanted to share--the lime green counters aren't quite the direction I'm going in. Thanks!

Comments (4)