SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

My "recovery" top is finally finished

toolgranny
10 years ago

I know I haven't produced much this past six months. After my surgery Aug 30th I wasn't allowed to sew for two months or so. Now I can FMQ on the table machine, piece just fine, but still can't use the frame quilter yet.

Anyway, within a couple of weeks I found I could applique if I held it low in my lap and pull the thread sideways, not up. I didn't tell the doctors. But, I was going nuts. So, I made this top, soon to be quilted for my mother.

My mother! She's never home, turns 94 on Feb 1st, and said she didn't want a quilt. Then she went to a local show with me and saw a design like this hanging and said "Oh, I love that!" So, I jumped in and said would she keep it if I made the same for her and she agreed. I have to finish it quickly because she tells everyone she's planning to die at 95. We all know she will be sitting in the front row at her own wake, but that's another story.

I hope to get this basted and ready to quilt soon. It's still hard for me to pin baste across a table but my DH or a friend will come over and help. I'll post a follow-up picture when it's done.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County