SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianalo_loco

grrrr!!!! ot

dianalo
13 years ago

This is not a "kitchen" issue, but this is just another straw trying to break the camel's back.

I could not find the stencil I carefully ordered and put away weeks ago. So, I went and ordered one I may like even better. So, when it arrived in today's mail, I was psyched to get going on it so we can move out of our bsmt and up into or bedroom.

Needless to say by now, they sent the wrong pattern! The paperwork and picture all say that I ordered the pattern I intended, but they sent me a similar but different one.

Someone keeps yanking away the football at the last minute and I am starting to feel beaten..... Can't just one thing go as planned?

In the past week:

1. our kitchen and den floors were destroyed, need full replacement

2. sink had a leak, 2 tries to fix (thankfully, working now)

3. cord on island pendant too short - ordered extension

4. mounting kit missing from dw - ordered parts

5. wrong size kitchen faucet - ordered smaller "arm" for it

6. vanity uninstalled to find mystery leak - turned out it was the caulk for family tub that failed, now have to re-caulk at bad time

7. washer/dryer disconnected and brought upstairs to new location. Plugs installed are wrong kind.

8. did not notice stove height was too low before okaying venthood height

9. 2 parts of our counters came in wrong size (flanking stove on island) - waiting for new ones

1. tried to notify propane company to tell them we are ready for install, yesterday: their phone not working or taking messages. Today: left message.
  2. carpet guys came with samples after seeing our bedroom and saying they understood the color we wanted. Brought wrong shades/samples - will give them another chance to come back.

I just want this to end.... there is still so much to do.

First one: my choice {{!gwi}}

second one: what they sent {{!gwi}}

I am tempted to just use #2 as that was one of the finalists, but will I regret that? I emailed dh to ask which he liked.... Either one will be done on a light gray wall with dark purple for the stencil, if that makes any difference.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!