SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melmarie81

New Kitchen - Need Help with Layout Please :)

MelMarie81
13 years ago

So my boyfriend and I are in the middle of a major renovation - we are basically building a new house on top of an old house. I am in the process of determining the new kitchen design (we are moving the location of the kitchen to the addition on the side of the house). It's going to be an open concept eat-in kitchen and family room. I am just having trouble trying to determine the best layout for the peninsula and cupboards. The original plan is the first one below, but then thought that we should maybe get more creative and try an angle (the second plan - don't mind the bad rendering of the angled island, I couldn't figure out how to do it with the software that I have). Or rather than angled, even rounded. The reason I thought of this is that it would give more room in the family room because the stools would be more in the kitchen. The third is another idea - but I'm not sure I like the kitchen being open to the family room rather than the dining area. Or maybe some of you have an even better idea. I'd also like to get a nice sized pantry in there somewhere. Keep in mind that the patio entrance (which are now garden doors instead of sliders) and the kitchen window are now installed - so changing those are out now. Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments (11)