SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bymyhand_gw

Pool Quote Feedback

bymyhand
14 years ago

I just got a quote back for a pool and I was wondering if you guys could you please give me your feedback on any opinions you have on the setup?

Type:

Freeform

Pool Specs:

Deep end width 16 ft

Shallow end width 20 ft

Length 34 ft

Shallow depth 3-5 ft

Deep end depth 8 ft

Perimeter 93 ft

Surface area 455

Gallonage 16210

Here are the options I am getting:

Cleaning system:

A&A in floor cleaning system with cam driven switchable pressure heads

Leaf Vac

1 venturi skimmer rated at 50-70 GPM

1 A&A AVSC Channel Drain

Auto water leveler

SWG:

4PSC IC40

Lighting:

2 IntelliBrite LED pool lights

Automation:

4p 4PSC IC40 Wireless operation

4 Aux Wireless controller

Intellitch Valve Actuator

Water feature:

50 sq ft Grotto Waterfall

2 jumping rocks on deep end

Decking:

Exposed aggregate concrete

Or

Acrylic Faux flagstone

(HavenÂt decided which on I want to go for yet.)

Pool surface:

Black pearl pebble tec

Tile:

Blue Dot 6x6 tile around the water line

Filter:

The filter listed in the quote is:

Modular media 600 microban filter sta-rite

but I think ItÂs this product:

System:3 Modular Media Filters

Pump:

VS 3050 Variable speed pump

A couple of questions I have are:

The skimmer is rated at 50-70 GPM, do I need more than one for this size pool?

They only put one drain on the quote as well, which is rated at 225 GPM, do I need more than one of these too?

The sales person wasnÂt currently able to tell me the GPM requirement for the grotto but said that I wouldnÂt be able to run the cleaning system and grotto on the same pump at the same time. Would there be any reason why I would want to do this?

I was wondering how often I need to keep the skimmer on? The sales guy said as long as I want it to be on but what do you guys recommend?

With the Intellitouch I should be able to automate everything separately correct? Can I change the pump speed with the different systems? Would there be anything I would need to do that this system wouldnÂt support? They said they were going setup separate valves for the Skimmer, water feature, and cleaning system.

Because of the back and forth about the in floor cleaning system they are going to run a separate line for a vacuum cleaning system. I thought this would be a good way to protect myself in the future in case the in floor cleaning system doesnÂt pan out. Should I wait until I have an issue to rewire the Intellitouch to work with the vacuum cleaning system or should I get the 8p 8PSC IC40 and have them set it up now?

Thanks in advance for all of your help on these questions!

Austin

Comments (5)