SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellajourney

Would a Wide Plank Backsplash Work? What color? (pics)

bellajourney
12 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'd love your help figuring out our backsplash. We're going for a cozy cottage feel with a touch of romance (and modern appliances).

DH doesn't want subway tile, but he likes the beadboard look. I'm finding that I prefer wider backsplashes like the ones pictured below instead of skinny beadboard.

Wider Backsplash Examples

However, our cabinets have 3.5" wide stiles and rails, and the cabinets are thermofoil. I'm concerned that:

1) A wide backsplash will be too similar in size/look to the wide 3.5" frame of the cabinets

2) Would a real wood backsplash (DH can use a spray gun for a smooth finish) call even more attention to the fact that our cabinets are Not wood?

If you think we can still safely go for a wider panel - any recommendations on what width? Should it be the same 3.5", wider, smaller?

Also - should we paint it white to match the cabinets, or Fernwood Green to match the walls, or maybe a lighter shade of Fernwood Green?

Here's a rough Photoshop of a wide backsplash look in white (a bit narrower than the cabinet's stiles and rails):

Revised Mood Board (fell in love with a shabby chic fabric and warmed up the color scheme)

Thanks SO much!

Comments (20)