SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marjen_gw

UGGHH!! Why do I bother

marjen
17 years ago

I have the worst luck when it comes to cement. TOday it the day I poured my cement for my new walkway. No rain in the forcast so I figure its safe. I cancelled last week due to forcasted rain and of course it did not rain at all!!

So I am out there and the clouds start getting thicker, I check the local weather and now they say chance for an afternnon shower! Ok, no panic I check the radar and nothing is showing up qithin 100 miles. All of a sudden it starts raining and then a little harder and harder. So now I am scrambling around trying to cover the thing, still worried that even the rain hitting the plastic with mess with the broom finish. Its only been 4 hours since the pour with my luck this will get ruined. :(

Last year I poured a 20x28 concrete basketball court and of course same deal it POURED for two straight hours only 2 hours after we finished setting it, that ended up with a wonderful raindrop pattern for its finish. It hasn't rained in a week (dispite a chance for storms each day) and today it rains.

Comments (7)