SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neesie_gw

Help needed with Bathroom Facelift

neesie
15 years ago

Hubby went and took down the wallpaper before I could take a "before" shot. Here's my situation: I have a walk-through bath. It serves as a powder room off my foyer (sink, toilet & shower) and is also connected to another room which contains a double jacuzzi and double bowl vanity and it also connects to the master bedroom. For years I've had both of them wallpapered with the same print, but complementing colors. It was time for the powder room side to come down, and it has!

The first thing I did was to pick a paint chip (Restoration Hardwares Sycamore Green) to complement the attached jacuzzi area and also the floor and shower surround, which we are not changing at this time. That was the easy part.

Next, what to replace the over-sized mirror with? I really like venetian mirrors but could not for the life of me find something that would work with my off-center sink. My sink is way to the left of my 49" vanity. I finally brought an oval mirror with etching around the edges home and decided I like it centered over the sink. (Way to the left). But I'd like your opinions as well. I will find something decorative to put in the empty space over the rest of the vanity. (Sink & mirror are in attached photo).

While shopping at Home Depot I priced new vanity tops. I can get silestone (solid surface) in the size I want with the hole cut in the left hand side for a reasonable price. I decided that since they are custom cutting the hole I want to go with a WOW factor and get a vessel sink. I have been eyeing natural onyx vessel sinks on eBay and am 99% sure that I will go that route. We use the sinks in the other room for tooth brushing and shaving, etc. so this sink is mainly for washing hands.

If you'd like to look at the bare bones that I'm working with, I'd be pleased. I'd like to hear opinions on if you think the oval mirror will go with a vessel sink (off center on the vanity) and also any opinions you may have on a lighting fixture for over the vanity. The attached photo takes you to Webshots where I have attached a photo of the desired vessel sink and the adjoining jacuzzi room.

Here is a link that might be useful: bathroom needs a facelift

Comments (13)