SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

DD got a tattoo and Mom's not happy!

sleeperblues
14 years ago

Both of my kids go to U of Wisc-Madison. Both are in the marching band, which puts on a huge show at the Kohl Center every April. It includes pyrotechnics, band director on a trapeze, guest musicians, lots of music and dancing around for the audience. So DH and I went last night, and talking to kids afterward, my daughter had her sleeve rolled up and I saw a part of a tattoo of a dinosaur. I have expressly told both kids they cannot get tattoos until they are on their own, which means graduated from college and paying their way in the world. Seems she got it in January, everyone knew about it, and nobody told me because they knew how upset I would be.

Long story short, yes I was upset but thinking of Jamie and her loss I am so lucky to have my children to hug and hold. In the scheme of things, what does it matter? She is a semester away from graduation, just wish she would have abided by my wishes and waited.

And to all who have tattoos, this is not a slam. They just are not for me. I know it's a different time today, and lots of people have them, I still don't like them. That being said, it was a cute little dinosaur based on a book she loves, Constantine.

Comments (42)