SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geokid_gw

Color to go with BM Bennington Gray and BM Taos Taupe

geokid
11 years ago

Thanks to your advice, my kitchen is finally repainted. To recap, I chose BM Taos Taupe and BM Stone Harbor (one shade up on the strip) for my open concept LR, Kitchen, and Library. I never liked the Stone Harbor in the kitchen. The color was too blue with all the late afternoon NW light we get.

I chose Bennington Gray for the kitchen and I love it! Such a warm color with just a hint of green. But now I dislike the Stone Harbor in the living room! I would have painted all the Stone Harbor over with the Bennington Gray, but Bennington Gray and Taos Taupe look nice separated by a room and not right next to each other. I need a third color to repaint the Stone Harbor in the living room that will go with the Bennington Gray in the kitchen and the Taos Taupe in the library.

Any ideas? I've looked at BM Stingray. That's kind of the look I'm going for. I also like Revere Pewter, but I'm afraid I'll have a similar problem with the NW light.

Room with Bennington Gray. Ignore the wonky light fixture. And I let my kids pick which color they wanted for their chairs since we will be getting new furniture soon anyway. :-)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Photo of living room taken from entry. Taos Taupe on right long wall. Stone Harbor in entry and on window wall ahead. Kitchen and dining is on the left off living room. Library is directly to the left off entry.
{{!gwi}}

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to kitchen paint color thread.

Comment (1)