SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gala522

Period details - Am I mixing styles?

16 years ago

We are building a new home with Craftsman bungalow styling. The exterior looks similar to this.

{{!gwi}}

Some of the interior details (built-in entertainment cabinet, bookcases, window seat, and kitchen cabinetry) will have simplified Arts & Crafts styling, similar to these pictures.

{{!gwi}}

In our interior details we want to acknowledge the period feel of the house, but we're definitely not trying to create an authentic reproduction. Now that I'm second-guessing myself, I'm not sure if some of my choices 'go' with the house.

Our kitchen has a bank of windows similar to this except with only two windows on each side of the corner.

{{!gwi}}

I really like the window box effect created by the lowered soffit and I like the schoolhouse pendants. I was also planning to put schoolhouse pendants over the island. Will this look right with stained Shaker style cabinetry similar to the picture I posted above?

I also like the flooring in this mudroom and planned to use something similar for our mudroom and laundry room. (The adjoining floors are hardwood.) Will this look work in a bungalow?

Can you reassure me or point me in a better direction? I'm just not feeling very confident about the way the pieces will all come together.

Thanks for your feedback!

Gala

Comments (14)