SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tbenton_gw

DE leaking into pool

tbenton
16 years ago

I have an issue that this forum might be able to help with. We are having a problem with DE leaking into pool. We have had the pool 20 yrs and are pretty good at fixing stuff. This has happened before but it was because there was a tear in one or more of the filter grids. This time we replaced the one torn grid, checked/cleaned the air bleeder in the tank, checked the manifold elbow where the grids hook up and changed the 'O' rings in the push-pull backwash lever. That all we know to do. The DE leaks into the pool in intervals and not all the time which is really strange. Looking for help on this AND since some DE is leaking into the pool every so often I wonder how much is really being lost? Should I add more every now and then until we figure out whats wrong? We are trying to clear up the pool water after opening so I need to run it as much as I can but of course am not leaving it on all day/night as I usually do to clear it.Its all very distressing as the filter is not running very long per day. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Terri

Comments (2)