SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen_maraj

backyard design.. comments?

Karen
17 years ago

So.. what do you think of my backyard design. IÂm sooo not ready to commit to anything or even do it this year. Well.. maybe.. but mainly I got new software and wanted to see what I can do.

Right now itÂs just plain grass, not even a fence.. though thatÂs coming in a few weeks. I put a basic footprint of our house in the back, correct elevation as well just to get a sense. This is relatively to scale. It should be pretty self explanatory.

HereÂs the walk through.. come down the steps out of the house, to your left is an outdoor kitchen (including counters and sink)

In front of you is a Âliving roomÂ, to the left and beyond a bit, the Âdining roomÂ.

The patio surface will be some type of concrete pavers.

Surrounding the seating area are some plantings and along the fence as well by the patio. IÂve tried to place small trees close to the patio for privacy.

At the back to the left of the yard is a small 5 sided shed, need room for the lawnmower, etc but it will hopefully fit in the style of the yard and not be too much of an eye sore. WeÂll have nice mutined windows and a climbing rose along one side of it.

To the right is a grassy area. I would pave it all if it wasnÂt so expensive, plus I know for resale most people around here want grass for kids.

To the far right is some sort of pergola/trellis system. I only denoted that by some small posts with vines right now as I canÂt draw what I want. It will be for architectural interest mostly.

Around the other side of the house (opposite side from bbq) is a little niche for a potting bench.

I really wanted to include living/dining/kitchen area. Plus grass, plantings, storage and still have it look pleasing to the eye. Privacy is also important, especially in such a small backyard.

So.. comments? (i'm also going to post this in landscape design)

Comment (1)