SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

Do you think a coffered ceiling will work in this room (pic)...

Robbi D.
16 years ago

I saw a show this weekend (diynet, I think) where they built a coffered ceiling. I love the look and would like to put it in this area, but I'm not sure. This is an old picture looking from the kitchen into what will be a hearth room, or library type room. I'm going to panel (individual raised panels) the wall where the window is. And we have a vent free fireplace to go where the white refrigerator is in the picture. Then put built-in glass door shelving on top with a counter and drawers at the bottom for each side of the fireplace. It will have more of a library look, but I'm going to design the built-ins where they could also be used as more of a china hutch if we decide in the future to make this a dining room (what dh wants). I've changed the room around since this picture (yeah, the refrigerator is finally in the basement!), so please ignore the furnishings.

{{!gwi}}

I can't picture how the ceiling would look or if it would even work around the stone columns. The ceilings are 8 feet high. What about doing half the room, too? Just the part on the far side of the columns?

Comments (7)