SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

possibly buying home w/porch-needs major repairs! help! pics

eldemila
14 years ago

I am going back to look at this foreclosed property tomorrow and decide if I want to make an offer on the house. The house needs a LOT of work in general, one area that seems to be major is this back porch (front porch needs help too) I'm not sure what these people did to this porch, if the majority of it was screened in or not or was it glass that was knocked out - there is one pane that looks to be from a sliding door, thankfully, the double french doors leading out to this area are all intact! The dining area is on the other side of the double doors.

Can anyone give me an idea what they would do with this area? Screen it in totally? Build a half wall? Tear it down and start from scratch? The wood is deinitely rotted in some areas as you can see. Ceiling seems to be in good condition.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated and considered.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

As for the front porch, it too needs help and has rotted wood. Any comments on the pics below are also appreciate, but the back porch is more of an issue than the front to me. The roof is a whole other issue!

THANKS!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (3)