SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poolmissy

Outrageous Bids

poolmissy
16 years ago

I've received 2 outragous bids this week. The first was for electrical work - Hook up pool lights, equipment, etc.

for $15,000. My contractor said he could wire an entire house for less than that and that the bid should be closer to $5,000.

Then I received a quote of 1,000 sf of brushed concrete decking and 1,000 sf of new driveway at $33,000. This is with all the ground already prepped. This was after he told me that brushed concrete was approx. $4.00 sf.

The quote for 4 inches of poured brushed pool coping was $62.85 sf.

My friend mentioned - oh that's because they think they are dealing with a stupid female and that just because you are putting in a pool you must have money to throw away.

....still shopping for more bids!

We are back filling the retaining wall this weekend. Even though I knew we had a difficult lot to work with - in order to level the yard is looks like we are going to need to bring in about 5000 yards of fill. A little bigger project than we had anticipated. Plus the dump trucks got stuck in the mud in the neighbors yard so now we have to bring all that dirt in by a bobcat - back and forth, and back and forth - that will add another 3 days to the project. We hope to excavate for the pool next week :)

Comments (8)