SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southernstitcher

New design and share large pantry ideas, please

southernstitcher
15 years ago

--- New Pantry space is 5 ft, not 6 ft ----

I have modified my design, getting closer to what might work. In this re-work, the Ref stays in the corner, (where we canÂt fully open the right hand door.)

We considered moving it across the room, to where the new, huge pantry is in the drawing, with a smaller pantry next to it. But there were considerations such as no landing space, running the water line across the attic, and of course budget. WeÂd have to build more cabinetry to occupy the current fridge space, and I donÂt want a 15 ft run of countertop. Pieced post form laminate is not a good idea.

What we are for sure, absolutely doing with layout: Place a 30" wall oven under the cooktop. Remove the pantry that is currently next to that cooktop, extending the counter and making pot and pan drawers below, with micro cubby above.

What cannot happen: no window, plumbing, doorway or cooktop moving. I know, that limits me to past frustration. It is what it is, and the budget is too!!

Tearing down the wall oven and junk area will open a 60" space for a huge pantry. IÂm still debating on whatÂs more important: fridge not in corner, or fabulously big pantry. Right now, IÂm leaning toward fabulously big pantry.

Show me YOUR pantry  big or tiny. Ideas can be gleaned from all of them. Any sharing of links is welcome! It will be custom built, and IÂll do a spice rack on one side and a mail/paper catcher on the other side. I don't guess a 60 in cab would look too big??

Thanks for sharing any opinions or advice.

IÂm no expert, but IÂve been trying to give back to the GW community whenever possible!

Mary

Comments (2)