SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koroush_gw

Can running a DE filter with no DE damage them?

koroush
15 years ago

I neglected my pool for the last 8 months due to construction in my back yard. what a mistake, now I have to deal with cleaning up a green pool in hot weather.

I hired a pool guy to do this, and he added a ton of chemicals and the pool turned milky white the next day. then he cleaned out the filter and ran it with DE, and it clogged up quickly. the pressure went from 17 to 30 in a day. so he decided to run it without DE to get the large particles out. he did this for a week, and now even when I clean the filter the pressure shoots up from 15 PSI to 30 PSI in one hour with no DE. during the past 4 years, the pressure without DE has been 15PSI, after I add DE it goes to 17 PSI and a few months later it accumulates lot of gunk and never gets more than 27.

So I think the pool guy he has damaged my filter grids , and he says that the pool is so dirty its cloging up fast. when I open up to wash them, there is really not much accumulation on them. Can someone tell me how to fix the situation, or if he has damaged the filters can you send me a link to prove it to him to claim replacement. Can it be cleaned via any procedure? I've read acid washing them, or soaking in TSP, but haven't read more than a couple of lines on this topic using google search.

thanks in advance.

Comments (2)