SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bjbuchanan_gw

Easytouch 8 and 2-speed pump no longer working

bjbuchanan
14 years ago

I had a new pool company close my pool last year and open it this spring, and have had nothing but trouble. The final straw is that my filter pump no longer kicks up to high speed in auto mode. This was never a problem before.

In service mode, the 2-speed function works fine, but in auto, the heater, cleaner deck jets and spa circuits no longer trigger high speed. I have checked the programming and see all 4 circuits listed under the 2-speed function.

I have looked at the wiring and it appears to be in order, other than the fact that the outside terminals of the 2-speed relay are not wired to the inside terminals as shown on the panel. The upper inside terminals appear to connect to the correct terminal on the pump relay. The lower inside terminals are color coded and appear to run to the pump (see below). The low voltage wire correctly connects to the proper terminal on the personality board.

I did have my pump rebuilt this winter so there could be a change to the wiring at the pump. However it seems to me that if the high and low speed wires were incorrectly connected at the pump, I wouldn't be able to switch between high and low in service mode. Likewise, I assume that if there were a wiring fault between the load center and the personality board, I would not be able to switch to high speed in service mode from the personality board.

Therefore, I conclude that it must be a programming problem, but I can't seem to track it down. Also, I am using a whisperflo pump, so all intelliflo circuits are set to "none."

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comment