SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkfmedic

Waterfall Question?

mkfmedic
15 years ago

I have three water features, plus a spa fall over into my pool. The three "Waterfall" features are Jandy Sheer descents have have worked well over the last three years. My only regret is that we do not get the nice sound of water falling over rocks. No problem, our raised bond beam, and six foot equipment wall which have the sheer descents installed are all made of Bouquet Canyon natural stacked stone. We Love it!

Here is my question, if I gate down the two sheer descents along the back raised bond beam, and allow the water to flow down the stone, will it cause long term problems. I'm not as worried about the stone, obviously it is in a pool environment and gets wet all the time, but rather the gunite behind the stone(which was not sealed for this type of application). Behind the RBB is a 5 foot planter with landscaping, sprinklers, drains and lighting.

Thank you in advance for any comments, concerns and suggestions. I've attatched a picture for reference, but the pool is now three years old. I have also tried the "gating down" of the water feature on the Large Equipment wall with the 4' sheer decent, but have found water penetrates through the mortar and ends up soaking through the block wall on the reverse side.

Regards,

Mike

Comments (5)