SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

Just a Reminder

azzalea
16 years ago

I'm sitting here, wearing sunglasses, because my eyes are still dilated from this morning's visit to the opthalmologist.

While I'm thinking about it, though, just wanted to remind EVERYONE--regardless of age--regardless of whether or not you need glasses--to visit an opthalmologist regularly to check on the health of your eyes.

Many conditions that can be successfully treated, if caught early, have no symptoms in their early stages, and can permanently rob you of sight if not discovered soon enough. And don't forget--even children can have glaucoma--not common, but it's not unheard of either.

In my case, I've had high ocular pressure for 30 years, so I go to the eye dr. every 3-4 months, to have a check up and other tests, to make sure I'm not losing any eyesight.

And while it's okay to go to an optometrist for your eyeglass prescription, they don't go to med school, so you want to occasionally check in with an actual medical dr--an opthalmologist.

Take good care of your eyes, so you'll be able to enjoy using them for many years to come!

Comments (5)