SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkaren_gw

All Moved In to our New Home

samkaren
15 years ago

What an adventure this week has been. IÂm so glad this is our last move!

Thursday morning John and I drove to Lanark to pick up our U-Haul. When we got there we noticed there was no large truck in the lot. (Panic #1) We called U-Haul and they goofed on our reservation. All they had available was the small truck so we said we would take it. Once we got home John and I loaded the U-Haul with all the boxes (about 80 of them) when the cavalry arrived. My BILSÂs brought their truck, trailer and mini van. We got everything except our furniture onto the vehicles and went to the house. John had left the doors unlocked the day before. We got the first load into the house and went back for the furniture. We got everything to the new house in 3 hours. We even dug up EKO because I wasnÂt leaving my baby behind.

When we got back home there were messages on our answering machine from the lawyer, mortgage guy, realtor and insurance agency (Panic #2-5). They were missing documents but John kept saying "DonÂt worryÂeverything will be fine". We did get it straightened out but my stress level was sky high.

Friday morning we got up early and discovered we still had a few things in the fridge so (LOL) John and I were eating popcicles at 8 am. We did go out for breakfast after that and headed for the closings. Those went okay and after we got the keys I began to relax a little. One good thing was that it didnÂt rain on us like they were predicting.

We spent the weekend unpacking and got the kitchen and living room done. 75 % of the bedroom is finished right now. We are buying a new bed this week so we are sleeping on the futon. I did discover that the master bedroom has 2 full closets and a shoe closet. It can hold about 30 pairs of shoes so it looks funny considering I only own 3 pairÂlol. I got all my clothes put away but I still have tons of space. John said I should go shopping.

Yesterday the cable guy came and hooked up our tv and phone. It was great because we didnÂt have tv for 5 days. At least I got to watch Dancing last night.

Overall the move went smoothly. We are still looking for our step stool and we only broke one glass. John set up my art table in the 4-season porch so I have lots of inspiration. All the appliances work okay but I have to get used to the new "noises" I keep hearing. We did order new carpet for the 2 small bedrooms and that will come on the 16th. This week we will do some painting in those rooms and then we can get our bedroom finished. Still have lots to do but itÂs coming together. The view from our dining room window and the art room is amazing. The area is very quiet and we donÂt noticed when the train passes by everyday. HavenÂt met our neighbors yet but itÂs still too cold to be outside to visit with anyone.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz