SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alainatrace

Kitchen design feedback

alainatrace
14 years ago

We are looking to renovate our VERY outdated kitchen with something much more functional, optimal for entertaining, and allows for great flow of light. The kitchen is literally the center of our house as the whole ground floor connects to it on either side. We have a great view of a small lake and would like to maximize that and the fact that our kitchen faces south, so it gets some good light. The wall that the fridge is currently on will be removed and potentially the wall that the stovetop is currently on as well. Pictures of the existing kitchen and potential design are below.

Must Haves:

-Wall behind the current location of the fridge open to the living room behind it.

-a bigger window over the sink

-darker wood cabinets (husband hates white cabinets)

-a butler's pantry located to the upper left of the drawing through the door for additional storage (that design is somewhat taken care of)

-all new stainless steel appliances

Potentials:

-recombining stovetop and oven into a range

-I don't want my microwave located over the stove/range nor do I want it below a counter (husband and I are both tall)

-two sided upper cabinets on the wall the stovetop is currently on (that wall faces an informal eating area, formal dining is to the lower left of the kitchen in a separate room)

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Here is a link that might be useful: Current pictures and design

Comments (6)