SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akrauss_gw

Desperate Need of Heater Advice !

16 years ago

As always, thanks everybody for contributing to this excellent forum. I Purchased a home 3 years ago and am looking to add a heater to the exisiting pool. I am in Northern Westchester County, NY. I wanted to go the heat pump route, but got scared off due to the time and money investment to run new electrical out to the equipment area - - not to mention the price of the equipment. Anyway, my pool service guy who does my opening/closing, etc. recommended the Jandy Laars Lite2. Questions:

1) Can you kind people give me some opinions on this heater.

2) I see that Jandy has the "LX" models for a couple hundred more. What are the main differences and is it worth the extra $ ? I do not have a spa to heat if that makes a difference.

3) As it will have electronic ignition, it will still need electrical, but my understanding is that the electric currently down at the pad servicing my pump will be sufficient for the heater so no new electrical run is needed. Is that correct ? I was planning on using the heater's internal time clock to run the pump, unless I am advised it's a bad idea.

3) Finally, I would welcome any recommendations on alternative heater choices.

Thanks.

Comments (15)