SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bisquick1_gw

Counter Depth Refrigerator

Bisquick1
12 years ago

I'm sorry I bought a Samsung counter depth refrigerator - I really didn't think it through as it's definitely too small. I also insisted on through the door water and ice, another boo-boo because the ice-maker actually shoots ice cubes, sometimes across the room. It also takes up a huge amount of room in the fridge. The stainless steel exterior shows every little fingerprint and drives me nuts. Considering that there are only 2 of us, I'm surprised at how much food I want to store. The veggie drawers are very shallow and the celery has to be cut off and shoved in catty-corner. BUT it does LOOK great and the led interior lights look amazing. The pull-out tray can be irritating because you have to open both fridge doors to get at it. Another complaint I have is that there is a rather large lip on each shelf, making that space unusable - I know it's for catching spills but it should be more narrow when space is at a premium. It's also true that Samsung doesn't make as much ice as our old Amana - they also aerate the water when making ice so it's cloudy and not as solid as old-fashioned ice. I don't know if that's some sort of energy-saving thing? Speaking of energy-saving, I have this new Samsung fridge, new Kitchenaid dishwasher, new Samsung front loader washer - all energy STAR - and guess what, after 2 years of use I have seen no difference in our energy bills - chuckle. Next fridge will be a normal depth, no french doors, no through the door water/ice, and some sort of finish that's easier to maintain. Thanks for listening!

Comments (18)